Online dating has become very popular over the years, but there are a ton of skeptics. It’s understandable for people to reject change in the beginning, but why do people still sleep on the idea of online dating? Off the top of my head, I can come up with a few reasons.
- Online dating is for guys who are afraid to talk to women in person
- Women who resort to online dating must be psychos and the men must be creeps
- Dating over the internet can be dangerous
- There are too many liars when it comes to pictures and personality
- People online must be desperate
- If they are really awesome people, why are they looking on a website?!
These sound stupid at first glance, but I can sympathize with these random ideas floating in people’s heads. I mean, cool sexy people connect very easily with other people online so anyone left out of that category HAS to be a loser. Right?
Well, we know that’s not the case because I’VE used online dating sites in the past and I’m super awesome! There are a few reasons why people would legitimately use online dating and I think these theories of why people use online dating are just as justified as the ones above.
- Not everyone is into social extracurricular activities that puts them around desirable people of the opposite sex (or same)
- Online dating is a faster way to contact more people in a shorter period of time
- People who use online dating are shy or intimidate to talk to a possible interest in a social setting
- Not everyone has time to go out and find someone on the street they’re interested in
- Let’s face it, looks are what start everything. Online dating provides a database of profile pictures to choose from
Girls think that other girls resort to online dating because they can’t get guys offline and guys think that other guys resort to online dating because they’re pussies and can’t talk to girls
offline. That may be true, but does it matter? The fact that it’s actually a solution had those problems existed means it’s legit. I think those are extremely unrealistic judgments though. It’s very unrealistic to assume so many people that use online dating fall into those categories.
These are a ton of real people out there who want to connect with men or women that are looking for similar things in life. I’ve met someone great from the internet that I wouldn’t have met otherwise, given her location. Even if you have a Don Juan out there that is very social and meets a ton of women online. Will putting up a profile on match.com make matters worse for him? If anything, it’s just an expansion. He’s now adding another platform to socialize. It seems like a win win to me.
Of course, there are some negatives though. You guys know where I’m going with this……..”Catfish” are more popular than people think these days. There is a ton of bullshi’ting online too. People’s profiles seem extremely similar to each other. What the Hell is that all about? Did they come off of the same assembly line? Nothing is more of a turn off than politically correct garbage spanning across an entire online dating site. Women (and some men) have a tendency to lie about their body type and come up with the MOST creative angles for pictures ever. What did they expect to happen when they meet a guy interested in them? Jump out like “surprise!! I got you!” Who the Hell would get a kick out of that?
I’m not judging anyone here, but these are just a few reasons online dating can be a pain in the ass. What do you guys think? What are your experiences with online dating sites and meeting people/socializing over the internet?