Values fade away if there isn’t environmental reinforcement. The best example I can use is stealing. Most people would say “stealing” is wrong, but what if someone is near death and steals food in order to survive? Morals are only walls that people put up in their own minds to create a sense of justice.
- Morals are man-made justice, they don’t exist in the real world
- Morals have no relevance to survival, they are only tools
- “Right” and “wrong” are very deceptive words. We do not live in an absolute world
- Morals are patches created to treat an ineffective part of society
- Morals suggest “fault”. “Blame” and being at “fault” are not effective tools to assess with
- Laws and morals aren’t unnecessary, but they cannot be set in stone. Time is ever changing
- Morals have their place, but should yield to reason, logic and relativity